We work with your child to overcome the obstacles his or her learning style has presented. Together we ascend challenges to achieve the best possible outcomes.
At Ascend Learning & Educational Consulting, we believe all individuals, especially those identified with specific learning disabilities (such as dyslexia) have the right to strengthen their academic abilities and achieve their potential. At Ascend, we help identify specific learning challenges by using standardized assessments to conduct educational evaluations.
We also provide reading and math remediation, utilizing research-based, highly structured, sequentially organized, phonics based, and multi-sensory methods in order to help our students grow academically and gain confidence in their abilities. We use the Orton-Gillingham (OG) approach to reading, writing, and math intervention. We do not use a one-size-fits all approach to OG but rather, assess your child's strengths and weaknesses to create the best plan using a number of different OG methodologies to best meet the needs of your child.
We offer educational consulting, including support and collaboration in maneuvering the education system. We believe in teamwork and collaboration and work with our students and families in order to develop appropriate skills, tools and relationships required for ongoing success in school and throughout life.
What Our Families Are Saying
What's on the Horizon
- We are currently developing our own trade-marked curriculum utilizing a blend of the very best aspects and teachings of Orton-Gillingham including LETRS, REWARDS, Wilson, and traditional OG. It's important to us that our students are engaged and motivated to achieve.
- We are developing a high-intensity and comprehensive training program with modules that will be available for parents and educators alike in order to delve deeper into understanding of specific learning disabilities.
- We are committed to continuing partnerships throughout the community to provide you the most comprehensive services possible with allied professionals we trust.
- We are continuing to develop content for our Blog at www.smartalecresources.blogspot.com
- We are expanding our team to provide higher-level services in math and executive functioning support for elementary and middle school students.
- We are looking forward to a fun-filled year with a group geared towards self-confidence, growth-mindset, and a deeper understanding of what it means to have a difference in learning style.